Twelve metropolitan areas are home to teams from the four majors (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL). Here's how they stack up against one another.
San Francisco Bay Area
Teams: Giants, 49ers, Athletics, Sharks, Warriors, Raiders
A banner year in the Bay Area, to say the least.
- 49ers found a franchise QB on their bench.
- Giants won their second World Series in three years.
- A's rode a roster full of rookies to a surprising Division crown.
- Joe Thornton has the Sharks a point back in the Pacific Division race.
- Steph Curry and Golden State are the talk of the Western Conference.
- The Raiders have the third pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.
Teams: Blackhawks, Bulls, Bears, White Sox, Cubs
Things are so good, 10-6 gets you fired from the Bears.
- Blackhawks haven't lost in regulation.
- Bulls continue to stay afloat, as they await D-Rose's triumphant return.
- Bears went 10-6, despite Cutler being banged up throughout the season.
- Sox can contend and the Cubs still have Wrigley.
Teams: Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox
No longer title town, but not that far off.
- Pats remain a yearly threat to win the Super Bowl.
- Bruins may be best in the East.
- Despite Rondo injury, Cs appear to be a playoff team.
- Fenway is still the finest venue in baseball.
New York City
Teams: Knicks, Yankees, Giants, Nets, Rangers, Mets, Jets
City needs the Knicks to take center stage.
- Knicks could be the only threat to LeBron and the Heat.
- Yankees have missed the playoffs once in the last 18 years.
- G-Men faded but return an elite QB.
- Nets have ignited a new NBA rivalry at a world class arena.
- Rangers were two wins from the Finals last year.
- Mets finally got that no-no.
- Jets somehow won six games.
Teams: Nationals, Redskins, Wizards, Capitals
Youth movement in DC.
- Nats and their ace are ready for the big time.
- RGIII was better than advertised.
- Wizards are 10-7 with John Wall in the starting lineup.
- The Caps are shopping Ovi.
Teams: Tigers, Red Wings, Lions, Pistons
Triple Crowns, but no rings.
- Tigers are banging on the door.
- Not your father's Wings, but pretty decent.
- At least the Lions are fun to watch.
- One more player and the Pistons can start thinking postseason.
Teams: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, Avalanche
Peyton makes the whole scene look better.
- Unfortunately Peyton can't play safety.
- Nuggetss are fun, young and a dangerous four-seed.
- Remember when the Rockies were good in September?
- Avs are horrific.
Teams: Rangers, Cowboys, Stars, Mavericks
Aging stars at bargain prices!
- Rangers need to shake off their late season swoon.
- Tony Romo must have incriminating photos of Jerry Jones.
- Stars may sneak into the playoffs.
- The Dirk farewell tour continues.
Teams: Heat, Dolphins, Panthers, Marlins
Not one, not two, not..actually only one good team.
- LeBron is better at basketball than any athlete is at anything.
- Fins are competitive in a lousy AFC East.
- Hockey doesn't make sense in South Florida anyway.
- Marlins, you're stadium, woof.
Teams: Coyotes, Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Suns
Where team dreams go to die.
- On the ice the Coyotes are mediocre, off the ice, it's all drama and excitement.
- Dbacks have some young arms to look forward to.
- Cards need to consider Patrick Peterson at QB.
- Suns: Not much talent. Even less effort.
Teams: Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Twins
Purple Jesus can heal himself.
- AD For President.
- If the T'Wolves were ever healthy, they could steal an eight-seed.
- The Wild are boring through and through.
- Remember when the Twins buckled to Mauer's contract demands?
Teams: Phillies, Sixers, Flyers, Eagles
Burn it down.
- The Phillies' window has shut.
- Sixers' best player got hurt bowling.
- Flyers' goalie may be legally blind.
- Most aggressive Eagle: Shady's baby momma.